Re: Getting libgnome* into shape - getting productive

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 10:49:58AM +0200, Martin Baulig wrote:
> d) move the "ditem:" moniker back to libgnome, but keep the C API in gnome-core
>
>    It's a 2-3 hour job to a) keep George's Encodings stuff, but b) make it work on arbitrary
>    files again.

I'll leave the rest of this email to Anders to reply as he is the maintainer
now.  Anyway:

Moving the "ditem:" monicker back is pointless.  It working with arbitrary
files is weird because of the way the interface worked the last time I
looked at it, and it didn't implement the ditem reading good enough for
reading ditems in the first place.

If it's moved back it won't be used in the panel which is the biggest user of
ditems, so it will not be productive at all.  The reason why I wanted it
moved is that I want to work on this separately for a while longer.  So it
cannot be in any kind of stable libs.  I will develop a separate parser in
gnome-core for the panel, based on the current codebase.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Miau miau, zikala kocicka dyz hapala do studne.