Re: Getting libgnome* into shape

> > *  bring back gnome-config (non-deprecated, but with a big
> >    comment explaining when it's appropriate to be used)
> >    (done, the comment needs to be put in place)
> When is it appropriate to be used? It sounds like we have three
> non-deprecated config systems now!
I suppose they should be used only when parsing desktop files, which is
why I think their names should be changed, since as Maciej says, it will
seem that we've got 3 configuration systems.

So, I suppose it is not such a big deal to rename those functions to
gnome_desktop_file or gnome_this_is_not_the_config_system or whatever,
and then provide a script to make the change in apps. Also, this could
encourage people to move their config settings to GConf/bonobo_conf.

The ideal solution IMO for this, would be to move those functions to
GLib, but well, a rename should be enough for the moment, I think.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> - <rodrigo ximian com> -