[Glade-users] building Glade 3.6.0

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Damon Register
<damon.w.register at lmco.com> wrote:
Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Damon Register
The widgets are incorrect sizes and overlapping each other. ?When I click
on the widgets, sometimes the size will change.

Widgets overlap ? why ... are you using GtkFixed for you project ?
I am using GtkLayout

Was there a regression in the handling of GtkLayout ?
Please file a bug about this, we  do try to honor size
requests specifically in fixed/layout containers, which
we should also make a greater effort in discouraging
their use in standard interfaces (they are more of a
special case for some fixed resolution situations).

Glade doesnt make any attempt at respecting size-requests
of the UI inside the workspace, the workspace is made to
I don't totally understand the concept but I get the general
idea.

hopefully remain as resizable as possible, for a view of
what your app should look like, we're looking into a preview
Ok, call me a Windows refugee but after 10 years with Borland and
MSVC, I can understand the fixed size/position drag-and-drop concept
so I am using fixed size GtkLayout with fixed size widgets. ?For the
apps that I do, that isn't so crazy anyway. ?I really do hope that
when using GtkLayout with fixed size/position widgets, Glade will
still respect that as it has in the past. ?If not, I am doomed.
If I may use an old quote, "say it ain't so".

Damon Register

Glade-users maillist ?- ?Glade-users at lists.ximian.com