[Glade-users] building Glade 3.6.0

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Damon Register
<damonregister at bellsouth.net> wrote:
(iirc theres a bug on GTK+ to make GTK+ provide it, maybe its more
of a packaging bug... but its usually not missing when GTK+ is present).
I am not sure I follow you. ?Should I expect to find certain
components in order for the hicolor theme to work?
Based on what I am getting from the gtk list, I suspect it is a
broken gtk bundle problem though I am not positive about that yet.

In my, somewhat distant experience with compiling in windows I had
to install the hicolor-icon-theme package (yes pretty sure its the same)
by hand because installing the GTK+ dependancies on the download
page without that wasnt enough, thats all I mean, if you have it
(which is just a directory structure iirc), then icons (via icon
names) should work.

Do all icons in Glade come up as a little red X ? or just the ones that
represent widget classes ? could it also be that Glade failed to correctly
install the icons on your system ? (theres a line that updates the icon
theme cache called at the end of make install that should pass)