[Glade-users] building Glade 3.6.0

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Damon Register
<damonregister at bellsouth.net> wrote:
Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
In my, somewhat distant experience with compiling in windows I had
to install the hicolor-icon-theme package (yes pretty sure its the same)
by hand because installing the GTK+ dependancies on the download
I wouldn't know how to do that

By "by hand" I mean going and getting the package somewhere through
google, finding its a tgz and installing it in the right prefix (kinda like
you must have dont to install the GTK+ binaries from the GTK+ win32
homepage... only they dont seem to include the hicolor theme by default...
which is just a bunch of created directories you could just as
well copy over from your ubuntu laptop...).

Do all icons in Glade come up as a little red X ? or just the ones that
represent widget classes ? could it also be that Glade failed to correctly
I see it is mostly the widget ones. ?The only ones that are ok
are the toolbar one, except the last two (select and resize).

So its only the theme icons that arent being installed...

install the icons on your system ? (theres a line that updates the icon
theme cache called at the end of make install that should pass)

I don't know what I am looking for.

when you typed "make install" in your terminal on windows,
were there any errors printed to the console or
did the make install return a bad return code (and "fail") ?