[Glade-devel] Integrated ui patch

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 08:18 -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
It's not a good design, it's monkying gazpacho. Anyway,
I just wanted to make sure that you know about those "10%".
If majority loves single window, then you of course go single
window.
Yes, it is "monkeying" gazpacho (if you say so) and /all/ the other gui
designers that have a single window design. I don't know if you have
noticed, but there aren't exactly many gui designers that have a
multiple window design. I can't think of any myself (besides glade).
KDesigner, Visual Studio, Netbeans, Gazpacho, and Gideon are just
prominent examples of gui designers that use the single window design. I
think that says something about the popularity (and hence usability) of
the single-window design.

Right now that 10% is you alone. No one else has come to us to voice
dissatisfaction with the new design. Hopefully, this thread will
encourage others to come forward to voice their concerns.

But I wonder, have someone actually tried to work with such
UI? I did, in gazpacho, and it sucked. You can't use glade
right now because of fancy bugs with click-does-nothing.
So people "commented" on how it looks, not on the actual
interface.

Yes, thats right, we are now in unstable development. If you want to use
glade3 for production use, please use the glade3 3.0.2 stable
release :).

Heh, "excellent". Well, let's call gdl excellent or even usable. Still,
it has nothing to with glade, right? So, we can snip last two
paragraphs, and stick to 10% thing.

I was mentioning it as a possible solution to your valid concerns about
the shortcomings of the new ui (namely the inflexibility of the tree and
props editor).

regards

Vincent