[Gimp-user] Gimp channel mixer

There appears to be some confusion about raw loaders for GIMP 2.9.6.
directly into GIMP. It fails saying there is no raw loader installed,
it then suggests using darktable or rawtherapee.

I looked at the PARTHA.com site and it does state that uFRAW is
preinstalled on GIMP 2.9.6, this is not true in my case.

Another piece of confusion is on the sourceforge website where it
states that Ufraw is only available as a standalone program under
windows 10, it says there is a GIMP plug-in included, but it does not
work.

You have every right to be confused.

The situation is:

ufraw is old and not updated - last release 2015. Apart from that, due to code
changes (file-raw-placeholder) the plugin does not work with Gimp 2.9.6

An updated re-mix nufraw https://sourceforge.net/projects/nufraw/ is more recent
but AFAIK there is no compiled-for-windows plugin there. This code also needs
updating to work with Gimp 2.9.6

For Windows Gimp 2.9.6 from www.gimp.org it is a vanilla version with no'extras'

Partha's Windows Gimp 2.9.6 standard edition does include a working nufraw that
will import a RAW image into Gimp from Gimp's open dialogue.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)