[Gimp-user] Gimp channel mixer

The problem is not the channel mixer, if I select background I can use
the channel mixer OK, but the thumbnail is still in the image, my
problem therefore is importing the image properly, why is the image
being imported as two pages?

Thankyou for replying so quickly earlier, I did not expect to receive
a reply on a Saturday evening, I have been looking at a computer for
too long now, I'm going for a beer, will log on later.

Going for a beer sounds good to me.

There are image formats where the file contains both the image and a thumbnail
used by some applications to show the image quickly usually for selection. That
is what you have. Two solutions, trial and error to determine the full image or
open both and delete the unwanted layer.

quote...I'm trying to use the GIMP channel mixer to reverse the red and green
channels in a TIF image. I'm using GIMP 2.9.6

Might not be as simple as the channel mixer, One way is decompose the image to
RGB layers.

Duplicate the decomposed image and copy/paste Red from no2 to Green in no1.
Green from no 2 to Red in no1

Recompose the first decomposed image.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/730/original/decomposed.jpg