[Gimp-user] Gimp channel mixer

Works for me using 2.9.7 portable used in multi-window mode (commit 1773cd9)
from Partha's site (Windows 7 64-bit)

I just set the red in red to zero and the green in red to 1.0 and vice versa
then pressed OK. I didn't see a thumbnail but the active image changed as
expected whilst editing, if I had the preview selected, and was changed as
expected when I clicked OK.

If this later version gives you the same problem could you list the exact steps
that you are using and I will see if I can reproduce the problem.

If you have the preview option selected does the active image change when you
alter the channel mixer settings?

I'm trying to use the GIMP channel mixer to reverse the red and green
channels in a TIF image. I'm using GIMP 2.9.6.

After swapping the channels etc. and hitting OK, all that happens is
that a very small thumbnail appears in the top left corner of the main
image. I can see that the channels have been reversed in the
thumbnail, but the main image remains unaltered.

I cannot find a way to apply the changes to the main image, I'm very
new to GIMP and image editing software, so I hope the solution isn't
something any ten year old child could work out! Any help greatly
appreciated

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)