[Gimp-user] Gimp channel mixer

I now believe the problem lies with the importing of the image. I have been
importing fresh images into GIMP, what I had not noticed was that the tiny
thumbnail is there from the beginning, my image size is 6016x4000, the thumbnail
image is about 150x100 in the top left.

When I import the image a dialogue box opens with the title "IMPORT FROM TIFF"
The box shows two pages and asks if I want to import them as layers or images, I
have been importing them as layers. the layers appear with the top layer
labelled as page 1, and beneath it the main image labelled background. If I turn
off page 1 the thumbnail disappears.

I thought the two images may be the result of my files being too large, they are
137MB, under preferences the max image size was set to 128MB, I upped this to
164MB but it has made no difference.

If I import the pages as images I get two images, one the full size image, the
other a very small image, both identical.

--
Oxonian (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)