Re: [Gimp-user] A sad case of regression ?

  When you make
an edit on the image and you export it, the JPEG doesn't "disappear" and
the edited image still shows in the image window. It's that you want to
see the _exported_ JPEG file to confirm the export resulted in the JPEG
file you wanted to create for the client
I think you're thinking you have to re-open the exported JPEG file in
GIMP to make more edits is causing some confusion.

Not exactly, no, the edited image that is now on my screen, the xcf, is
probably a resolution of 300 x 300 and may be a print size of 12 x 16;
But the exported
image is a resolution of 72 and is not meant for printing.   *That* is the
one that I have to re-open (because I can't force it not to close when I
export.)   *That's* the one I have to mail, and if I decided to make a
tweak, I can't just save and mail -- I have to export, re-open ...   I
don't see any way around the repeated reopenings except to make sure
everything I do is perfect the first time, and that's even less likely than
the developers reconsidering this.  Thank you Tom.

gimp-user-list mailing list
gimp-user-list gnome org

Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3