Re: [Gimp-user] A sad case of regression ?

Your steps are pretty much the same as mine.  The misunderstanding Iguess
is that, after I export,  the .jpg file disappears.  Yes, the original
image is there, with all it's layers and that is good, but at this point, I
am finished with the .xcf file and I want to see the jpg.  But it is gone,
so I have to re-open it.  i may tweak it for the agent or gallery, but I
can't save it and send it to them,  because as soon as I re- opened it,  it
became .xcf again.  so I have to export again, and, again, it disappears,
so I hve to open the jpg again, and of course it reverts to ..xcf again
...   it's not the exporting that is causing the trouble-- that's easy
enough to do.  it's the fact that after I export to jpg, the jpg disappears
and I have to keep re-opening it.   Not good.  Yes, the original file is
still there, but my agent does not want that one.