Re: [Gimp-user] A Sad case of regression

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Helen wrote:

Here are the facts: every time you "save" your image as JPEG, you lose
information. It is by design a lossy image format

Exactly!   We should not have to keep opening these files!  They should
stay on my screen until I finish with them.

But noone's forcing you to close them.

Are you kidding?  When I export, it closes!  If you know some way that I
can keep my .png or .tif or .jpg open after saving it (aka exporting) in
that format, please tell us how.  It is the new GIMP that is forcing it to
close!

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org