Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Maurice wrote:
On Thursday 03 May 2012 14:48:47 Steve Kinney wrote:

Look into imagemagick.  It
might be possible to fully automate all or a large part of that work.

 I already use Imagemagick's 'Convert' as the 1st part of my task, the
2nd part of which needs Gimp.

The problem I see in this thread is that few people tell us exactly
what they do and then complain that we don't do the right thing for
them.

How can we possibly analyze the issues they are having? We can't.

We don't know exactly what you do ing GIMP during those unsafe workflows.
We don't know if the sequence of actions you do can only be performed in GIMP.
We don't know if your choice of GIMP as a tool is justified by logic,
habit or accident.
We don't know if you need this unsafe workflow all the time or half the time.

Folks, you can tell us that, and then we can have a constructive
discussion. Or you can keep telling us how we ignore you.

We've heard all sorts of curious accusations, but it's raw facts that
we are interested in. We are listening.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org