Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

On 8/12/2012 9:25 AM, isabel brison wrote:

On 12 August 2012 08:37, kiwi_steve <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
>But I have to say, the amount of flak the developers are
>taking about this is totally unjustified.

Then why are they getting it?

I've always heard you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. We're getting awesome software absolutely free and yet some people still complain because it's not exactly what they wanted. So why are the devs getting all that flak? I'm beginning to think it's just plain bad manners.

>*half* their user base? I think that's rather an exaggeration.....
>and I think that they deserve a little (read "a lot") of respect simply
>for being willing to go to all the work of creating the best image
>editing software out there without being paid for it!

As I said, I have a lot of respect for open source developers - and as to the figures, I have no way (and neither do you) of knowing the exact percentage - maybe its more than half.

Let's think: how many people have written in about this? Fifty, a hundred? Count the emails if you like. And then there are thousands more GIMP users who didn't find the issue was worth complaining about. Are you seriously claiming to speak for those people? Any disgruntled GIMP user can probably find this list if they have something to say. If they don't, then they don't.