[Gimp-user] Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

And judging from the number of people (myself included) who are still annoyed about it and asking for it to
be put back the way it was, the questions and concerns are NOT being answered - unless you call telling
people to just get used to it because thats how it is now a solution.

The Gimp development team needs to listen, and listen carefully.  This is a major change, and many people
don't like it (yes, I know many do as well... but you've split the community, and thats the point I'm
making).  I have respect for open-source developers, but I also wonder how hard-nosed the developers would be
if this was a paid application and a bunch of their paying customers started complaining about a divisive
change.  I hope they're not thinking that because they're not getting paid they can trample over half their
user-base with impunity.

I humbly ask that the developers please put it back the way it was, or at the very least have a "legacy save"
option users can activate in the options so people like the original poster, myself and all the others who
use Gimp regularly and hate this new save work-un-flow option can be happy again.

My not-so-humble 2.5c (tax inclusive)

Steve

the 'save and export' behaviour as been discussed at the mailing lists
during the last months very widely and thoroughly. There's also an
article about it at
http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/gimp-2.8-understanding-ui-changes.
Please be so kind and check them first. Judging from the amount of
postings to only this one topic I guess all your questions and concerns
are answered there.

--
kiwi_steve (via gimpusers.com)