Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

On 11.08.12 at 23:19 maderios wrote:

For me, "export" word is useless and confusing. Export to what? To jpeg, png, xcf, tiff ? It depends on the file where you start. You could start with a jpeg and want to export to .xcf, or the contrary....

Hi Maderios,

the 'save and export' behaviour as been discussed at the mailing lists during the last months very widely and thoroughly. There's also an article about it at http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/gimp-2.8-understanding-ui-changes. Please be so kind and check them first. Judging from the amount of postings to only this one topic I guess all your questions and concerns are answered there.

Best regards,

grafxuser