[Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

[..]
User: uh, I just exported it, oh yeah right exporting is not saving. But it's exported, so my changes are
safe. Agree!

And this is where your use case is wrong! The whole point of
separating save and export is that ONLY save is "safe".  An export is
NOT guaranteed to be either safe or lossless.  It may be,  depending
on the source image.  Your example exactly demonstrates the purpose of
the new paradigm.

Its wrong because users don't think that way? Not even a chance? :-/ I think they do.

An export is guaranteed to be safe in 98% cases for people not using intermediate xcfs, thus this paradigm is
irrelevant and confusing for them. Then, yes, there's another lot of people for who the export is relevant.
But both sides exist, I think this discussion is enough prove of that.

--
Anoko (via gimpusers.com)