Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Anoko wrote:

GIMP is not the only program I use, so yeah I keep pressing CTRL+S
thinking that should save whatever I'm editting to whatever file extension
I gave it, just like in Inkscape, Libreoffice, KDevelop, etc.

Inkscape does it wrong too, and the plan is to save only what it can
open as a native file. It just hasn't been done yet. Which means that
eventually Inkscape will work much like GIMP 2.8 in that respect.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org