Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Rob Antonishen wrote:

And this is where your use case is wrong! The whole point of separating save
and export is that ONLY save is "safe".  An export is NOT guaranteed to be
either safe or lossless.  It may be,  depending on the source image.  Your
example exactly demonstrates the purpose of the new paradigm.

The main problem I see with the suggested use case is here:
"Transparancy lost. This is something I already encountered once, so
it is a realistic use case."

Excuse me, Anoko, but there's no way I'm going to believe that a
mistake that is only ever done once is going to completely ruin
everything. Especially since GIMP asks to save project data.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org