[Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

I just want to add I'm also not happy with the new export vs save feature. I use GIMP for all my edit tasks;
from complex foto editting to really simple screenshot taking and trimming it slightly. I used to love it for
both, especially since it GIMP can do both small and complex tasks very easy. In 98% of the edits, I'm not
using layers. I already almost always save everything in formats that do not lose information, often png,
often for e.g. mailing. I don't want a xcf for screen shots or photographs...

I've seen the new "you have to use export" messagebox about 20 times now, very annoying ;-). Why is it not OK
to allow saving to e.g. png (especially when not using layers!), but keep the export function ALSO as it is?
That way, everyone will be happy I think?

--
Anoko (via gimpusers.com)