Re: [Gimp-developer] wtf with the download?

On 05/14/2015 08:47 AM, C R wrote:

Hi,

To save retyping, here is the current text:

we do not really have to worry about bandwidth usage (could be that the
webserver config is the limiting factor) and especially not about fees.

This allows us to make the texts a bit easier, and focus on the user
experience:

This link downloads the GIMP executable for Windows platforms via gimp.org. It
can be a bit slow at times, so if you are having problems, try the
link below for download via BitTorrent

For BitTorrent, all of our torrents are set up with multiple web seeds,
so this will work even without seeders. As I wrote before , we tested
this in a university network at a conference, where torrent traffic was
blocked, and it did work this way).

BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file sharing system.
BitTorrent works by downloading GIMP from a distributed network of
mirror sites and from other BitTorrent users called "seeders". Learn more...

What would be nice to have is a diff to the current download site (or
maybe even only the Windows.htrw part of it).

--
Regards,
Michael