Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

On Sun, 2014-01-19 at 11:03 -0300, Gez wrote:
[...]

 Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all of them are obvious
for every user out there. But I think that in general terms, the
placement of commands follows some logic.

I'd leave it to Peter Sikking and his team of experts, by and large, but
for my own part I'm with Alan Cooper in "About Face" - design _first_
for the "perpetual intermediate", not the absolute beginner and also not
the person who uses the application for hours a day every day.

The "perpetual intermediate" is unlikely to use enough of the program to
grasp the logic behind placement of commands, especially when a command
could reasonably go in more than one place.

I know there are times I use the plugin browser myself, but then, there
are whole days when I forget to wear shoes and socks :-) I don't want to
expect perfection in others, either...

best,

Liam