Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 01:15 -0300, Gez wrote:

I think a search command would be useful for filters indeed.
We already have one, although it could be improved - the plugin browser.

 (I think Peter mentioned a
better method for accessing frequently used filters, for instance),

There used to be a "recently used" menu from Filters (actually there
still is, but it doesn't list filters implemented in GEGL in 2.9; I
expect this will get fixed and I should check there's a bug for it)
A useful enhancement would for Recently Used Filters to be remembered
between sessions.

I don't think that precludes a search function for other things.
Some things I always have trouble finding include
. text to path
. save channel to file
. crop to selection (hint: it's not under Edit or Layers)

Can you find "delete undo history"? (hint: it's not under Edit)

The bindings aren't logical to everyone and never will be, as there are
too many of them.

Liam