Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp build for Windows

Hi Sven,

thank you for your e-mail. I'll not go back to previous paragraphs and
try to explain something here.

The idea about creating my own installer came from some forums where
I've got an impression that there is no 64bit version of Gimp for
Windows at the moment, or is unstable or buggy. Then I realized that
there is something, so I will postpone this effort.

Regarding the bugs which seem to be fixed in my build, it's perhaps more
my impression than a fact. I quickly checked few of them and could not
reproduce for example 676708, 690749, 658919, 674928 and 691227. So I
concluded that this might be because I have my own builds of the shared
libraries.

Anyway, all the issues certainly need deeper investigation. I think I
could help you with some of them. I tried to make a fix for 691169
(Japanese characters in the file name) and I have a workaround for the
problem (without the need to modify GLib, although it would deserve some
improvement). It will perhaps not be accepted because it is too much
hack, but I can try it.

So my next two questions are:

1) How can I submit/propose a patch?

2) Is there any coordinator who would assign bugs to a particular
developer? So that two or more people don't work on the same issue?

Thanks, Pavel