Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp build for Windows

> Von: Skand Hurkat <skand_hurkat yahoo co in>

> Thanks for the steps Pavel.
>
> As for the changes to libtool and other manual intervention steps, maybe
> you could offer patches for the same?
> I tried scripting the whole thing, so that it fetches the archive using
> wget, unpacks it, applies the needed patches, and then configures and
> compiles it. However, I ran into some difficulties with dependencies on
> Python libs.

Just a quick addition:

I hope everyone realizes that it is not necessary to compile all the dependencies when building GIMP on the Windows platform. There are prebuilt binaries - for example, the installers from http://gimpü-win.sf.net are built with the OpenSUSE mingw packages:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw/

HTH,
Michael