[Gimp-developer] Gimp build for Windows

Hi Gimp team,

are you still looking for a Windows developer? Recently I've spent
couple of days, or maybe weeks, to compile Gimp for Windows, 32bit. In
the end I have a working Gimp, version 2.8.2. I have built the whole GNU
chain, starting with zlib through gtk+-2.0 and ending with Gimp, using
the most recent stable versions of all the necessary packages. Today I
quickly went through the list of Windows related bugs and it looks like
lots of them have gone.

My initial intention was only to have a working build so that I could
compile my plugin for Windows. But now, when I invested so much work in
it, it would perhaps be good to share the whole work. I can create a new
Windows installer using msi and also build 64bit version.

Would there be an interest in this? If yes, it would certainly require
lots of other discussion of what to include in the final package and
what to fix. I saw for example a request for the LANG environment
variable. I can confirm that this does not work anymore in the 2.8.2
version, but should be quite easy to add it.

So I am waiting for your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks, Pavel