Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On 19/11/12 12:45, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> I think I already understand that you dismiss existence of other
> experienced users who like the change.
I don't dismiss their existence, there are workflows that this change
fits perfectly in, but you dismiss that there are users - very
experienced users I might add - whose workflows at times conflicts with
the change.
> Do you really need to remind about that over and over again?
You on the other hand do seem to require a reminder that you are
dismissing the existence of experienced users who don't like the change
at all! It's not as if this topic comes up every now and then because
everybody and his dog is happy! It's not as if you should completely
revert the behavior, just adding a simple tiny option to make the export
suffice in not triggering the "not saved" warning would make the whole
issue disappear.
It's so annoying that you spend more time trying to dispute away the
issue or even personally attack the people who bring up the issue rather
than take a dispassionate look at the issue as something that can be
resolved easily, just by allowing for a small option to be added...
--
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch