Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On 19/11/12 12:14, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> previously created XCF via export - having the program prompt me to save
>> to the original name resulted in overwritten valuable XCF with rubbish
>> ones which only ever should exist in exported format!
>
> means that we should educate you :)
I lost my work not because I saved it to JPEG but because of the idiot
way that saving to XCF is enforced.

On 19/11/12 12:20, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> > I'm citing from the above: "GIMP is user-configurable to automate
>> > repetitive tasks;" - why then is it ignored when numerous people
ask for
>> > a way make the export behave and be automatied in a way that "the tools
>> > get out of the way of getting things done and allow for
accelerating the
>> > workflow for those who get to know them"?
> Because you understand this sentence arbitrarily while looking for
offences.

> "Automating repetitive tasks" refers to scripting and future "macros
recording".
Still the unconditional enforcing to have to save to XCF violates the
section "the tools get out of the way of getting things done and allow
for accelerating the workflow for those who get to know them" - It is
very much getting into the way of getting things done and the only way
of accelerating the workflow for "those who know" would be to add an
option to disable the "everybody who doesn't save XCF all of the time is
an idiot" mode! Thus on one hand you want the users to believe in the
vision you put forward but on the other hand you violate it in a way to
alienate those experienced users...
--
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch