Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

Graeme Gill (graeme2 argyllcms com) wrote:
> This type of argument simply doesn't hold water. A file that
> holds the image data in a lossily compressed format positively
> indicates that this is what the user intends.

...positively indicates that this is what the user intended to work
with. Nothing more. The JPG comes from a digital camera, some random
source in the internet, some marketing guy who hasn't got a clue.

We cannot just make the assumption that "oh, its a JPEG. *clearly* the
user wants us to discard information on saving".

Bye,
         Simon
--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/