Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Some options have high cost and only benefit an obscure case. In *this*
> case, the cost is relatively small (one option which is a refinement of an
> option that's always been there) and the *reward for the project* is high.

The problem here is that you are thinking in terms of "one little
switch can't do no harm". You are not considering all the planned work
to make GIMP a truly non-destructive editor, all the corner cases like
native CMYK support etc.

This has been discussed a dozen of times. One of these days I'll
really finish the new FAQ so that we could prevent yet another "I'm
not here to reignite the discussion about the new save/export
behaviour, don't worry. :-)" thread.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org