Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp 2.8.0 - Saving in .jpg or .png hmmmmm

I'm not totally against the idea of a "project", but I wonder if it's really necessary to create a project folder with assets considering that XCF is intended to store all that stuff in a single file. I'm fine if the idea is to create a sidecar folder with all the temp stuff generated to speed up preview (caches, proxies, temp pre-comps, etc.) instead of putting them inside the file, but that information should be optional and users should be able to delete it without worrying about the "native editable file". Project folders are fine when you're working on your own machine, but a single native file with editable features is better when you have to pass that file to others.

I'd rather like to see two kind of XCF files when a non-destructive workflow is possibel, a fully editable one (where every asset keeps its original features) and other "baked" where you still have a multilayer comp, but transforms, filters and comples nodetrees are baked into pixels (useful for exchange with other applications that support multiple layers but don't have full XCF/GEGL support).

I also think we are shifting the focus. Even if "Save" is changed to "Save Project" people will still complain about the keystroke, although "Save Project" would make the difference between saving and exporting more evident.

Gez.