Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp 2.8.0 - Saving in .jpg or .png hmmmmm

Am 18.05.2012 16:49, schrieb Nicolas Robidoux:
> Yet another completely different (and rather radical) idea: If the
> user saves as JPEG (say), GIMP automatically and silently saves the
> XCF alongside it or in a special folder.

this idea was considered and rejected two years ago.
However, for a fully geglized GIMP, it seams feasible to write
a journal of all user activities -- for crash recovery and
re-edit capability across sessions.

To give an upper bound of required journal bandwidth, let's say the
pointing device input comes in as 2*16bit coordinates at 50Hz rate.
That's 200B/s or roughly 7MB for a 10-hour workday of non-stop drawing.

I guess with compression and real-world data, it's much less, by factor 10-1000.

best regards,
yahvuu