Re: [gedit-list] Plugin installation method

Tom Metro-20 wrote:

> As a point of reference, I see Screenlets uses gzipped tar files as
> their container, and provides a GUI mechanism to install additional
> Screenlets. (All Python code - both the individual Screenlets and the
> GUI manager, I believe - so you could borrow code or use it as an
> example.)

Thanks.  That sounds like an excellent reference or starting point.  I will
take a close look at that.

I was trying out some more Gedit plugins yesterday, and it struck me again
how troublesome it is that the plugins are distributed in any number of
ways.  I think plugin developers just want to do it in whatever format will
be best for the user, but currently there is no obvious choice for that.