Re: [gedit-list] Plugin installation method

Tom Metro-20 wrote:

> If you pursue this, my recommendation would be to avoid inventing
> another packaging format. Pick .deb or .rpm, as you can get
> cross-distribution, if not cross-platform, tools for manipulating them.

Yes, I would keep it simple.  My thought is to simply respond to a tar file
(for example,
http://gedit-click-config.googlecode.com/files/Click_Config-1.1.1.tar.gz)
containing the .gedit-plugin file plus whatever else should be in the
plugins folder.  It could be made more flexible by also handling other
archive formats or containers.