Re: [gedit-list] Plugin installation method

DerekVeit wrote:
Is there any plan to provide an easier standard plugin installation method?

I wondered about that too. I found the installation procedure to be pretty raw.

For example, maybe an Add button in the Plugins preferences would let you
select an appropriate archive file, or an appropriate archive file could be
dragged onto the Gedit window.

If this is not in the works, I might make a plugin for it.

If you pursue this, my recommendation would be to avoid inventing another packaging format. Pick .deb or .rpm, as you can get cross-distribution, if not cross-platform, tools for manipulating them.

 -Tom