Re: Getting Red Hat menus visible in Garnome??

%% "Joseph E. Sacco, PhD" <joseph_sacco comcast net> writes:

  jesp> That's good news.  Now you see Why I wrote up the how-to [:-)].

:-)

  jesp> The gnome-menu-editor(s) is a work in progress.

Yeah, I know... I've been reading all the people moaning about the lack
of an editor in 2.10.

The Ubuntu folks are providing Smeg:

    http://www.realistanew.com/projects/smeg/

for menu editing for 2.10 menus.  It looks very nice, BUT it's written
in Python and relies on lots of Python modules like PyGTK, PyXDG, etc.
most of which I don't have on my system... I'm trying to decide whether
it's worth building all that stuff myself just for this.

  jesp> Making an exclusion file is not that hard once you have read the
  jesp> menu spec.  What you want to try first is to remove *one*
  jesp> duplicate entry.  Once you see how that works, it's just a
  jesp> matter of editing to remove others.

OK, I'll look into it.

I still would much prefer to have the standard Gnome 2.10 menus, then an
extra menu "Red Hat" that contained all the default Red Hat 8.0 system
menus underneath, like the way the Debian menus are set up.  Seems much
nicer.

Thanks!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortel com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools