Getting Red Hat menus visible in Garnome??

Hi all;

So, I managed to completely build Garnome 2.10.2 for Red Hat 8.0.  I
have a bunch of notes I'll be posting here in case anyone is
interested.  Most everything seems to work (except seahorse which keeps
crashing on me :-/).

However, one thing that's unfortunate is that when I start Garnome 2.10
it upgrades my desktop files from what was there before in the Gnome for
Red Hat 8--not even sure what version that was!-- which is fine, BUT I
lose all the old Red Hat menus, and my menus have nothing except Gnome
2.10 stuff.

The old menus had all kinds of applications that were installed on the
system (including non-Gnome apps, KDE apps, and even some custom menus
that our company added in, for starting stuff like Acroread and
Realplayer).

I wonder if there's any way to get those menus visible again in the
Garnome install?  I don't need it to be integrated/merged with the
current menus; that would be a mess.  In Debian they put a "Debian" menu
on the Gnome foot menu, and underneath that is all the stuff that was on
the Debian menu system; that kind of thing would be fine.

Ideas on this?  I looked through the archives but couldn't come up with
any prior discussions.  Seems like something others must have looked at
before though.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortel com>           HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools