Re: patch for bug 83532 (partial)

yo!!!

Callum McKenzie wrote:

OK, here is what I have done: I have made the medium the same as the old
one. I have kept the large as it is and introduced a smaller, tighter
small field.

I'll play it later on, I hope it won't be too frustrating! :)

The rationale is as follows: The Medium level in Marco's original patch
played a lot like the original, so it was an obvious candidate for filling
that slot.

The large size is in fact a worse proposition than the original game for
the player, but because it takes longer to fill in the big board and more
random chains form, it takes longer to loose and you feel as though you
are winning for longer. So I left it as it was.

I played them quite a lot, and possibly the large size is too large. maybe a compromise between the previous medium and the large could do. one additional remark: when everybody's happy with the sizes, we should probably change MAXFIELDSIZE from 30 to a smaller value, as the field array has dimension MAXFIELDSIZE * MAXFIELDSIZE.
ciao, marco