Re: Feedback request: spending Foundation money

Thanks to everyone who has already participated in this conversation so far!

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 6:39 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:

The TC does assign sponsorship to non-foundation members who are core
participants at hackfests and conferences. Those applicants are
expected to explain in their application why they should be sponsored,
same as everyone else.

Since we already allow non-Foundation members to take advantage of travel sponsorship money, the problem may be in advertising this fact. Noted.

There was an idea floating around when I was on the board for some
funds to be put towards hackfests which are of interest to other
groups outside of GNOME. I hope that this will still happen.

Can you give more information on what such a hackfest might be? It would help to have a specific example.

I have asked the board to help me previously with finding sponsors for
hackfests that I had organised and did not get any response or help.
Is the board more proactive about providing support to hackfest
organisers now? Or is it expected that organisers search for
sponsorship on their own?

We are reassessing how we do event sponsorship and this will be one of our hot topics during the Foundation hackfest [1] coming up next week.

Re: Richard's latest points: Noted. We'll also be discussing funds for team-building / small events, and travel policies at the Foundation hackfest. Thanks for your suggestions and for the follow-up!

@All - it's not too late to send us your ideas. :)

Thanks!

Best,
Nuritzi