Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of October 29th, 2013

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

    If they are replacing upstream pieces with distribution ones, we may
    not want that new set to be seen as GNOME because users might be led
    into believing some issues they encounter come from our software when
    that might not be the case.

That's a coherent consideration, but the question is, how important is
it?  What do we want to avoid?

Is it that they might blame us for bugs?

Is it that they might blame us for a UI they don't like?

Is it that they might not realize we have a spreadsheet other than
the one in OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation