Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of October 29th, 2013

Le jeudi 21 novembre 2013, à 10:04 +0000, Allan Day a écrit :
Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
I for one am not happy with this situation. I remember that, years ago,
Luis wanted to find an alternative way which wouldn't imply these strict
guidelines. But to be honest, if there's no other way, then I think I'd
like to question the need to trademark the logo.

Can you clarify a bit? You think that anyone should be able to use the
logo in any way?

I think that if our trademark guidelines restrict too much our extended
community (by extended, I mean groups like downstreams, LUGs, etc.),
then things are broken.

This could be because the guidelines are unnecessarily too strict or
because the trademark requires too strict guidelines, in which case the
trademark is actually hurting us, probably more than it protects us.

Btw, I suddenly wonder: if what is trademarked is the "foot + GNOME
text" image, then is usage of only the foot covered by the trademark?

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.