Re: A few observations about GIMPNET

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 16:19 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Freenode seems to be
> seriously understaffed (see for example [1]).

I agree and disagree.  While Freenode "top-dog" staffing may be tight,
the features that Freenode offers allow you to self-administrate
channels thus relying very little on their staff for most things.  But
that argues to the point not that GIMPNet is or isn't adequately
staffed, but that features missed need to be added.

Chanserv is a very wonderful feature that allows me to do quite a bit of
administrating on my own in relation to the project's needs.  With good
documentation out there, I've had very, very few issues that I've had to
go to the Freenode staff for over the years, with quite a few channels
that I have direct admin rights to under my belt.

Bryen