Re: Could a few influential GNOME develoers join gnu-prog-discuss gnu org?

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Michael Hasselmann
<michael taschenorakel de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 18:25 +0100, Johannes Schmid wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> > A GNOME developer in the list would have seen this and could have
>> > responded, raises the issue in the appropriate GNOME list, or whatever
>> > is TRT.  It isn't feasible for me, and I don't know who to ask.
>>
>> No, that's not how the world works!
>>
>> The person asking should have brought it up on a GNOME (or in this case
>> xdg) mailing list. This is how things work - you complain to the people
>> responsible instead of waiting for someone to magically speak up.
>
> To me it seems that we're ignoring this:
> "GNOME is proud to be a part of the GNU Project." (from
> gnome.org/about).
>
> So by extension, a GNU mailing list is the perfect place to discuss
> matters that also affect GNOME.
>
> The rejective attitude towards joining a GNU mailing list that I see
> here should then result in GNOME leaving the GNU project. Then above
> statement can be removed from the website.
>
> I know this is an old flamebait, but if no one here who is still active
> ("influential") in GNOME is openly pro-GNU, then it's time to openly
> admit that.

  How did you derive "I am not pro-GNU" from "I dont want to join the
GNU mailing-list"? If you ever need an example of GNOME hacker who is
very pro-GNU, you should talk to Andy Wingo. :)

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124