Re: Could a few influential GNOME develoers join gnu-prog-discuss gnu org?

    Can't these be brought up on proper GNOME lists then? Especially
    seeing as there is no public archive for your GNU list.

We use this list for private discussions about GNU in general.
Sometimes the issues relate to GNOME, but that doesn't mean
they're specifically about GNOME.  It would be useful for
some GNOME developers with responsibility and influence
to be included.

In the middle of a broader discussion about internationalization, not
specifically about GNOME, someone mentioned this:

    Another problem I stumbled upon is the new habit of software like
    Gnome and/or desktop handlers to use localized names for
    directories such as ~/Desktop.  This is a pure nuisance, depending
    on my locale ~/Desktop becomes ~/Bureau or ~/Labortablo.

A GNOME developer in the list would have seen this and could have
responded, raises the issue in the appropriate GNOME list, or whatever
is TRT.  It isn't feasible for me, and I don't know who to ask.

(I think that person was right: learning one English word `Desktop' is
not much of a burden, and on the other hand, this feature can cause a
real nuisance for users that use multiple locales.)

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation