Re: Could a few influential GNOME develoers join gnu-prog-discuss gnu org?

On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 18:25 +0100, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > A GNOME developer in the list would have seen this and could have
> > responded, raises the issue in the appropriate GNOME list, or whatever
> > is TRT.  It isn't feasible for me, and I don't know who to ask.
>
> No, that's not how the world works!
>
> The person asking should have brought it up on a GNOME (or in this case
> xdg) mailing list. This is how things work - you complain to the people
> responsible instead of waiting for someone to magically speak up.

To me it seems that we're ignoring this:
"GNOME is proud to be a part of the GNU Project." (from
gnome.org/about).

So by extension, a GNU mailing list is the perfect place to discuss
matters that also affect GNOME.

The rejective attitude towards joining a GNU mailing list that I see
here should then result in GNOME leaving the GNU project. Then above
statement can be removed from the website.

I know this is an old flamebait, but if no one here who is still active
("influential") in GNOME is openly pro-GNU, then it's time to openly
admit that.

regards,
Michael