Re: GNOME Speaker Guidelines

The GNOME speaker guidelines were at least partly a reaction to my
Saint IGNUcius comedy routine.  So if I don't have a beef with these
guidelines, why should anyone else?

I am proud of my Saint IGNUcius routine.  Thousands of people have
laughed at it.  The routine makes fun of people, especially Emacs
users, but does not insult or attack anyone, not even Emacs users.  It
doesn't advocate doing anything to people by force -- not even
teaching them Emacs (which is how one loses Emacs virginity).  I don't
think there's anything bad about it.  But it does refer to sex and
religion.

If GNOME would rather not have such humor in its events, I can go
along with that.  If the community wants these guidelines, I support
them.