Re: GNOME Speaker Guidelines

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
> I have had jobs where we were not allowed to print pornography at
> work. But I was still totally free to print pornography at home. (At
> least as far as the company was concerned.)

Not printing pornography is a pretty clear rule. One might ask for a
precise line of distrinction between art and pornography but that's
not likely to be relevant to your work.

Here, in GNOME's case, we have a rather vague set of rules. It would
be hard to say anything more than stating facts and not risk crossing
the (rather fuzzy) line. Creationism vs. evolutionism shows that even
what one sees as facts can be taken as a personal insult by the other.

It would be better if GNOME defined a precise set of rules (ie. "don't
mention religion"). As for the hazy areas, common sense is a better
judge than a set of written rules. If someone does something grossly
inappropriate just don't invite them to further events.

--
Patryk Zawadzki