Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

Hey Philip,

El dom, 28-02-2010 a las 00:49 +0100, Philip Van Hoof escribió:
> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 21:32 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> > If people are going to use Facebook, they should access it with free software.
> > And it is useful for GNOME to do a good job of that.
>
> Richard,
>
> I wish you and the FSF would focus more on user rights and licensing of
> (meta)data coming from websites like Facebook, and that you'd focus less
> on demeaning insinuations to GNOME programmers that they know not about
> ethics.

I don't think Richard meant any of this. Being the one he replied to, I
think he's reply was perfectly well behaved and his intentions the best
of all to remind us that we should always try to promote Free Software.

And I think we all agree that our precise personal beliefs might be
different but that as a whole we all enjoy Free Software and its
consequences in society and technology. So it doesn't sound out of place
to remind us about it.

IMHO talking about Facebook and who should demand them to free info is a
bit out of place here. Please let's not diverge the thread into that or
into a battle about how much we should promote Free Software or non Free
alternatives.

I think the topic is clear for all of us: Free Software rocks and we are
trying to lure people who don't use it yet into using it so they can
enjoy the same freedoms we do. Let's keep changing the world :-).

Friendly and lovingly calling for the end of this branch of the thread,

Diego