Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

Hi,

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     What's important
>     to GNOME is the vision and the philosophy of open access,
>
> The philosophy of GNOME is that the user should have freedom.
> If we talk in terms of "open" or "access" then we omit what is
> most important.

Software freedom is a means to furthering our vision of providing
technology to all, regardless of means, physical and technical
capability or culture. This is why the GNOME project has always been
concerned about design, usability, internationalisation and
localisation, accessibility, and as you point out, user freedom.

Freedom is not useful unless people have the means to benefit from it.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary